To further education, in the country, the DPP will place priority on following areas:
- Enable the youth to make positive contributions to support economic and social transformation of our country by engaging in productive and income generating activities;
- More girls’ hostels at secondary schools will be built throughout the country to ensure that girls receive better education.
- Community Colleges will be introduced in every district to render practical knowledge and skills relevant to our economy;
- We will ensure improved training and skills upgrading, and motivation for teachers and instructors at primary, secondary, vocational training centres, community colleges as well as lecturers and professors at universities and other institutions of higher learning.
- Promote Biotechnology in order to improve current plant and animal varieties. An institute of Biotechnology will be established to promote this field of science.
- Allocate more resources for training in the management of information and communications technologies for development.
- Research new crop varieties, including those from other countries in order to increase the supply of raw materials for agro-processing industries.
- Promote research into medicinal plants and herbs and encourage the establishment of the natural pharmaceutical industry using local and traditional medicine and herbs.